Case Study 6 - The Wealthy Divorcees
- Mr & Mrs B were aged 48 and 52, in good health, with two teenage children. Mr B ran a successful business from land and buildings owned by one of his pension schemes. Substantial asset base.
- How to provide an adequate split of the assets which enabled Mr B to continue to run his business and Mrs B received a fair settlement.
- How to factor in the Irish pension which was not subject to UK law.
What We Did
- Advised share needed to be 54%:46% in Mrs B’s favour rising to 58%:42% ignoring the Irish pension.
- We advised that Mrs B needed to resign as a trustee from the pension plan to ensure Mr B had full control of his pension assets.
- A sharing order for 100% of Mrs B’s pension was drawn up in favour of Mr B.
- Mr B retained land and buildings within his pension and retained his business.
- Mrs B took the bulk of the other assets.
What Our Clients Say...
Phil is my go to guy for financial planning and pensions...“Phil is my go to guy for financial planning and pensions as he provides a friendly, practical and common sense approach to these minefield areas. His quick grasp of the facts and response time coupled with his ability to make clients feel comfortable and confident puts him top of my speed dial”
Do You Have A Question Related To This Case Study?
Use the form below to ask me anything about this case study. I promise that anything you say will be 100% confidential.