Case Study 6 - The Wealthy Divorcees
- Mr & Mrs B were aged 48 and 52, in good health, with two teenage children. Mr B ran a successful business from land and buildings owned by one of his pension schemes. Substantial asset base.
- How to provide an adequate split of the assets which enabled Mr B to continue to run his business and Mrs B received a fair settlement.
- How to factor in the Irish pension which was not subject to UK law.
What We Did
- Advised share needed to be 54%:46% in Mrs B’s favour rising to 58%:42% ignoring the Irish pension.
- We advised that Mrs B needed to resign as a trustee from the pension plan to ensure Mr B had full control of his pension assets.
- A sharing order for 100% of Mrs B’s pension was drawn up in favour of Mr B.
- Mr B retained land and buildings within his pension and retained his business.
- Mrs B took the bulk of the other assets.
What Our Clients Say...
He is very patient and has excellent listening skills...“I found myself in a complex situation abroad, Phil not only rescued me, he found monies due I had no knowledge of, showing his expertise. He is very patient and has excellent listening skills. When I met him personally, he gave me sound advice, listened to my needs and I am constantly recommending him to people. I can look forward to a more secure retirement because of him.”
Do You Have A Question Related To This Case Study?
Use the form below to ask me anything about this case study. I promise that anything you say will be 100% confidential.