Case Study 6 - The Wealthy Divorcees
- Mr & Mrs B were aged 48 and 52, in good health, with two teenage children. Mr B ran a successful business from land and buildings owned by one of his pension schemes. Substantial asset base.
- How to provide an adequate split of the assets which enabled Mr B to continue to run his business and Mrs B received a fair settlement.
- How to factor in the Irish pension which was not subject to UK law.
What We Did
- Advised share needed to be 54%:46% in Mrs B’s favour rising to 58%:42% ignoring the Irish pension.
- We advised that Mrs B needed to resign as a trustee from the pension plan to ensure Mr B had full control of his pension assets.
- A sharing order for 100% of Mrs B’s pension was drawn up in favour of Mr B.
- Mr B retained land and buildings within his pension and retained his business.
- Mrs B took the bulk of the other assets.
What Our Clients Say...
Finding your Website was for me Divine Guidance...“Thank you for your phone call, and information you have emailed to me concerning my Divorce Petition.
I deeply appreciate, the time you have taken explaining some confusing issues that I had, after such a long marriage, at no extra cost to myself.
After all the stress and financial problems I have experienced, finding your Website was for me Divine Guidance!!!”
Do You Have A Question Related To This Case Study?
Use the form below to ask me anything about this case study. I promise that anything you say will be 100% confidential.