Case Study 6 - The Wealthy Divorcees
- Mr & Mrs B were aged 48 and 52, in good health, with two teenage children. Mr B ran a successful business from land and buildings owned by one of his pension schemes. Substantial asset base.
- How to provide an adequate split of the assets which enabled Mr B to continue to run his business and Mrs B received a fair settlement.
- How to factor in the Irish pension which was not subject to UK law.
What We Did
- Advised share needed to be 54%:46% in Mrs B’s favour rising to 58%:42% ignoring the Irish pension.
- We advised that Mrs B needed to resign as a trustee from the pension plan to ensure Mr B had full control of his pension assets.
- A sharing order for 100% of Mrs B’s pension was drawn up in favour of Mr B.
- Mr B retained land and buildings within his pension and retained his business.
- Mrs B took the bulk of the other assets.
What Our Clients Say...
You have been fantastic...“Just a note to say that I have received a letter today to confirm that the money has been transferred into my pension. Just to say a big thank you for all your help in this matter. If it wasn’t for your help I would still be struggling to get this sorted. You have been fantastic in this and I really appreciate all your help as I have gone through such a difficult time.”
Do You Have A Question Related To This Case Study?
Use the form below to ask me anything about this case study. I promise that anything you say will be 100% confidential.