Case Study 4 - Pension Sharing
- Mrs C, aged 58, had been granted a 25% pension share in relation to her ex husband’s British Aerospace Pension Scheme benefit which was already in payment.7
- Mrs C was a member of the Merseyside Pension Fund, part of the Local Government Pension Scheme and wondered whether this should be the destination for her pension credit.
- She was extremely risk adverse and likely to retire at age 65.
- Mrs C was unsure of how to deal with the pension share on divorce.
- She was concerned about her options, what benefits she was entitled to and where the pension credit should be placed.
- If the pension had to be transferred to a individual pension how should this be invested.
What We Did
- Provided a comprehensive overview of the options on divorce, explained why some options were not available to her and discounted others as inappropriate.
- Advised her to transfer her 25% pension share to a personal pension arrangement in her own name having discounted the other options.
- Undertook a psychometric risk profile exercise (see www.FinaMetrica.co.uk) to develop a more rounded understanding of her risk tolerance and built a suitable asset allocated investment strategy.
- Mrs C has a pension entitlement in her own right with the flexibility to draw benefits as and when she wants.
- She has a full understanding of the risks in her pension and what benefits she will be entitled to at retirement.
What Our Clients Say...
Nothing is complicated in the way you explain your fees. I wish I had known about you sooner...“I think the system as it is operated by the professional lawmen is a rip-off. Their charges have never been properly explained to me except in the narrowest of terms. I’m told it’s so complicated that even the profession has difficulty understanding it!! Nothing is complicated in the way you explain your fees. I wish I had known about you sooner.”
Do You Have A Question Related To This Case Study?
Use the form below to ask me anything about this case study. I promise that anything you say will be 100% confidential.