Case Study 2 - The Undervalue Cash Equivalent Transfer Value
- Our client, Mr S approached us with a cash equivalent transfer value (CETV) for his ex wife’s pension valued at £90,000.
- His pension had been valued significantly higher but both parties were members of the same pension scheme.
- He felt that the current CETV significantly undervalued the pension benefits of his ex wife.
- His pension was in payment and his cash equivalent of benefit (CEB) calculation was overvaluing his pension benefits.
What We Did
- We instructed an actuary to independently and professionally assess the current value of the pension.
- We reviewed the CETV to ascertain what benefits it took into account.
- Increased the valuation to £145,000.
- He was able to enter the negotiations with more confidence knowing that the pensions had been independently and expertly assessed.
- Ultimately, he was able to defend his pension benefits by increasing the value of her benefits.
What Our Clients Say...
I only wish I had contacted him sooner...I am extremely happy with the advice and information Phil has given me, he was very quick to reply to me and has reduced my stress levels massively. I only wish I had contacted him sooner. Thanks for all your help.
Do You Have A Question Related To This Case Study?
Use the form below to ask me anything about this case study. I promise that anything you say will be 100% confidential.