Case Study 2 - The Undervalue Cash Equivalent Transfer Value
- Our client, Mr S approached us with a cash equivalent transfer value (CETV) for his ex wife’s pension valued at £90,000.
- His pension had been valued significantly higher but both parties were members of the same pension scheme.
- He felt that the current CETV significantly undervalued the pension benefits of his ex wife.
- His pension was in payment and his cash equivalent of benefit (CEB) calculation was overvaluing his pension benefits.
What We Did
- We instructed an actuary to independently and professionally assess the current value of the pension.
- We reviewed the CETV to ascertain what benefits it took into account.
- Increased the valuation to £145,000.
- He was able to enter the negotiations with more confidence knowing that the pensions had been independently and expertly assessed.
- Ultimately, he was able to defend his pension benefits by increasing the value of her benefits.
What Our Clients Say...
They rose to the occasion...“I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the team at Whitewell Financial Planning especially Mr Phil O’Connor for their caring and considerate expertise in providing me with valuable financial planning assistance and guidance for my future pension. They rose to the occasion when there were problems relating to a Pension sharing order. They did their utmost to assist and resolve the problems expeditiously and they worked tirelessly to make sure that the problem and or any delays were minimised and as a result they assisted me greatly.
From the first moment that I approached the company to the conclusion of my dealings with them I found them to be faultless and would rank them highly for their professionalism and efficiency and would have no hesitation in recommending the company to anybody who wants a straight forward conclusion of their Pension worries and future security.”
Do You Have A Question Related To This Case Study?
Use the form below to ask me anything about this case study. I promise that anything you say will be 100% confidential.