Case Study 1 - The Miserly Offer
- Our client, Mrs F approached us after being offered 55% of her ex husband’s pensions.
- She was concerned that the offer was not a fair one after such a long marriage (25 years).
What We Did
- The parties agreed to look at the split on an equality of income basis.
- We produced a report (including actuarial input) factoring in sex, ages and importantly (in this case) the client’s health. The ex husband was in poor health.
- The report concluded that the split for equality of income should be 68% to our client.
- The client agreed a 63% split in her favour.
- This was an 8% increase on the initial offer which equated to £120,000 in extra cash equivalent transfer value.
- She will receive an extra income of circa £7,200 per annum.
What Our Clients Say...
His advice is focused clear and concise...“Phil O’Connor’s expertise and knowledge helped my client to focus on what he really needed to do to protect as much of his pension as possible. The end result was one which my client was more than happy with and I would not hesitate to instruct Phil again in similar cases. His advice is focused clear and concise.”
Do You Have A Question Related To This Case Study?
Use the form below to ask me anything about this case study. I promise that anything you say will be 100% confidential.