Case Study 1 - The Miserly Offer
- Our client, Mrs F approached us after being offered 55% of her ex husband’s pensions.
- She was concerned that the offer was not a fair one after such a long marriage (25 years).
What We Did
- The parties agreed to look at the split on an equality of income basis.
- We produced a report (including actuarial input) factoring in sex, ages and importantly (in this case) the client’s health. The ex husband was in poor health.
- The report concluded that the split for equality of income should be 68% to our client.
- The client agreed a 63% split in her favour.
- This was an 8% increase on the initial offer which equated to £120,000 in extra cash equivalent transfer value.
- She will receive an extra income of circa £7,200 per annum.
What Our Clients Say...
You gave me some excellent advice...“A little bird told me you loved homemade cake so this is just my way of saying thank you for seeing me a month or two ago. You gave me some excellent advice for which I am extremely grateful.”
Do You Have A Question Related To This Case Study?
Use the form below to ask me anything about this case study. I promise that anything you say will be 100% confidential.