Case Study 1 - The Miserly Offer
- Our client, Mrs F approached us after being offered 55% of her ex husband’s pensions.
- She was concerned that the offer was not a fair one after such a long marriage (25 years).
What We Did
- The parties agreed to look at the split on an equality of income basis.
- We produced a report (including actuarial input) factoring in sex, ages and importantly (in this case) the client’s health. The ex husband was in poor health.
- The report concluded that the split for equality of income should be 68% to our client.
- The client agreed a 63% split in her favour.
- This was an 8% increase on the initial offer which equated to £120,000 in extra cash equivalent transfer value.
- She will receive an extra income of circa £7,200 per annum.
What Our Clients Say...
He is very patient and has excellent listening skills...“I found myself in a complex situation abroad, Phil not only rescued me, he found monies due I had no knowledge of, showing his expertise. He is very patient and has excellent listening skills. When I met him personally, he gave me sound advice, listened to my needs and I am constantly recommending him to people. I can look forward to a more secure retirement because of him.”
Do You Have A Question Related To This Case Study?
Use the form below to ask me anything about this case study. I promise that anything you say will be 100% confidential.