Case Study 1 - The Miserly Offer
- Our client, Mrs F approached us after being offered 55% of her ex husband’s pensions.
- She was concerned that the offer was not a fair one after such a long marriage (25 years).
What We Did
- The parties agreed to look at the split on an equality of income basis.
- We produced a report (including actuarial input) factoring in sex, ages and importantly (in this case) the client’s health. The ex husband was in poor health.
- The report concluded that the split for equality of income should be 68% to our client.
- The client agreed a 63% split in her favour.
- This was an 8% increase on the initial offer which equated to £120,000 in extra cash equivalent transfer value.
- She will receive an extra income of circa £7,200 per annum.
What Our Clients Say...
I couldn’t have done it without him...“Due to the complexities of my divorce it took just short of 3 years for the finances to be concluded. During this time Phil was a constant source of support. His advice and guidance was especially important and gave me the courage to continue to fight for what was legally mine.
Linda his PA was also extremely supportive and I found the team at The Divorce IFA very helpful at all times.
I would not hesitate to recommend Phil’s services. I couldn’t have done it without him.”
Do You Have A Question Related To This Case Study?
Use the form below to ask me anything about this case study. I promise that anything you say will be 100% confidential.